The organization is committed to preserving the earth natural resources, green life in particular. We campaign against discriminated activities that will hamper its very unique nature, which is also a way in attaining the state of Africa which we hope for. House of Babiti is one of the initiatives on environmental education, organizing flagship program for youth engagement for sustaining the environment across universities. The organization was propounded by YALI NETWORK (Young African Leaders Initiatives) which was establish by President Barack Obama, it has provided the enabling environment for African youths to exploit their full potentials across even across boundaries, mainly with the more elaborate understanding of climate change and the provided networking site to reach the outside communities. African is growing to become a mega continent where you can find intellects of various fields of the world and this is the time we need to take action, I mean the growth and development of African that I see should not be base on burning and destruction.
- To incorporate youth fervent attitude to success, leadership skills and participation in sustainability activities both within and beyond the universities. Integrating environmental sustainability concerns into teaching, research, community engagement and greening of the university structures/facilities/operation as well as enhance student engagement and participation.
- To provide a strategic platform for youth concerns issues, to pass the real education for healthy youth act, which is a call to action for the case of so many youth who grew up in environment that seems to limit the intellectual capacity which they purpose, viewed well outside those of the mainstream.
- To build through university education system, a professional capacity and leadership needed for the prevention of and responses to environmental issues, risks and associated sustainable development challenges. This is done in accordance to the UN 2015 Sustainable Development Goals, the UN decades of education for sustainable development and the outcome document of the Rio+20 Summit; - The future we want among ourselves.
- To contribute to revitalizing the global higher education system and enabling it to address the current systems in remote areas across the current. Enquiring and relaying the information about the priority needed for scrutiny to achieve a better result.
- To optimize development opportunities provided by eco-system services in a sustainable manner in line with the principle of “Green Economy” and in the context of sustainable development.
OUR VISIONWe envision a world where all youths, even in the remote areas of the world, have sovereignty to create opportunity for themselves and the society. At House of Babiti, we believe that a well-versed youth is best to take care of his/her environment. This is why we engage youths to plant a tree in their youthful years, which signifies in the latter their contribution to curb the problem of climate change.
HOW DO WE INTEND TO FULFILL THIS GOAL?
House of Babiti, with regards to it preference is committed carryout different project like community campaign, organizing discussion session in local community, secondary g and tertiary institutions across the country to know the actual needs of these people. We believe, it’s not all about just given aid, support and basic materials, but trying to know more about them; get to talk to them, we hear people side of story about things that is drastically affecting them and share collective ideas and way forward. The information will help us to make good impact in their lives.
Part of the organization goals of accomplishing a GREEN AFRICA, we would integrate African youth to be involve in the green world that is agriculture. Many rural communities in Nigeria, which are mostly occupied by farmers have restricted infrastructure like telecommunication and power supply which upholds today’s youth activities. Many youth will not want to go to such areas because there is no access to internet, if these infrastructures are been provided it will promote agriculture in Nigeria. For example, a youth whose father is a farmer and reside in the village, he/she will not want to go to his/her village just because they will be deprive of access to the internet and so on. Therefore, they see it as an obsolete profession. The point is, youth needs to be oriented about the significant of venturing into agriculture to get back to the once upon a time glory in our climate.